- Discovering people’s needs and helping them to overcome their problems is the emphasis of this profession: to improve someone’s standard of life so that they can return to their usual lives
- Optometry allows me to improve the lives of others and broadens my general medical knowledge
Then, Why do u want to be an optometrist? Job Satisfaction Optometrists love their jobs, in general, due to their ability to make the lives of their patients better while maintaining a work-life balance We can improve lives and see the immediate satisfaction when a patient puts on glasses for the first time
What is an eye doctor called?
WHAT IS AN OPTOMETRIST? Optometrists perform eye exams and vision tests, prescribe and dispense corrective lenses, detect eye abnormalities, and prescribe medications for eye diseases
furthermore, What is the study of eyes? Ophthalmology is the study of medical conditions relating to the eye Ophthalmologists are doctors who specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of this organ
What are the challenges of being an optometrist? Q: What are some of the challenges of being an optometrist? A: The hardest part is the cost of education is high, and the starting salaries are still low This can force you into working more than you really want to or in an environment that you may not want to stay in
What do you love about optometry?
I enjoy that optometry involves a great deal of problem solving and critical thinking when coming up with a diagnosis and treatment plan for each patient Despite being sometimes challenging, it is always a great feeling to successfully diagnose a patient, provide a management plan and have their symptoms improve
What are the responsibilities of an optometrist?
- Perform vision tests and analyze results
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits, medications
What is interesting about optometry?
Optometrists are doctors They have the ability to write prescriptions and recent data reveals they write up to twenty-five prescriptions a week Prescriptions can be given for glaucoma, dry eye syndrome and more In fact, studies confirm the most common medication prescribed is for Dry Eye Syndrome (DES)
How do you answer tell me about yourself in optometry?
Why do you want to work in optometry?
Optometrists love their jobs, in general, due to their ability to make the lives of their patients better while maintaining a work-life balance We can improve lives and see the immediate satisfaction when a patient puts on glasses for the first time
Why do I need to hire you?
Show that you have skills and experience to do the job and deliver great results You never know what other candidates offer to the company But you know you: emphasize your key skills, strengths, talents, work experience, and professional achievements that are fundamental to getting great things done on this position
How do you introduce yourself in an interview?
Self Introduction in Interview
- Dress Appropriately
- Prepare what to say
- Begin by Greeting the Interviewer
- Include your Educational Qualifications
- Elaborate on Professional Experience (if any)
- Mention your Hobbies and Interests
- Be Prepared for Follow Up Questions
- Sample 1
What are your strengths?
In general, your strengths should be skills that can be supported through experience For example, if you list communication as a strength, you may want to recall a situation in which you used communication to reach a goal or resolve a problem